Friday 5 August 2016

Opal Nails! #WNAC2016

Hello everyone!

The first prompt of the Weekly Nail Art Challenge is Opal and this is the design I did!





Polishes Used:
  • Rimmel Blue Vogue (navy blue)
  • Barry M Seaside (blue shimmer)
  • Barry M Crystal Glaze (iridescent flakie)
  • ILNP Electric Carnival (multichrome flakie)

I painted a coat of navy blue polish, followed by a very thin coat of the multichrome flakie. Then I applied a thin coat of blue shimmer polish. Next I painted a coat of the iridescent flakie polish and then another thin coat of multichrome flakie. I made sure to let it dry in between coats. I top coated with Glisten and Glow HK Girl top coat.

It seems like I've painted a lot of coats and that this design would take ages to dry, but I promise it doesn't! The multichrome flakie was applied really sparingly - almost like when doing a dry brush design. The same goes for the blue shimmer. So really it was only 2-3 proper coats of nail polish.

If you want to take a look at what everyone else has done for this theme, search the hashtag #wnac2016 on Instagram!

Let me know what you think and I'll be back soon with some more nail art!



No comments:

Post a Comment