Monday 24 August 2015

WNAC2015: Magenta and Navy

Hello everyone!

So this weeks WNAC design is more than a week late but here it is. The prompt was Magenta and Navy. It didn't turn out as summery as I would have liked mainly because my navy blue polish is so dark it looks almost black in the photos!

I painted my nails white with OPI Alpine Snow. Then I did a gradient using Rimmel Blue Vogue, Barry M Bright Purple and China Glaze Under The Boardwalk. I put tape diagonally on my nail and used the same colours to make a gradient going the other way (I think it's called a reciprocal gradient?).

I ordered Under the Boardwalk specifically for this mani and online it looked like a magenta polish. I was quite surprised then when it arrived and was a hot pink! After a bit of googling I found a post by The PolishAholic which explained it. There are actually 2 versions of this polish - one is purple and the other (my one) is pink! Despite this I do like the polish and I think the pop of pink in this design was needed.

Click here to see what I did for last week's theme 'Lemon and Cherry'!

Let me know what you think and I'll be back soon with some more nail art!

No comments:

Post a Comment