Monday 4 May 2015

Watercolour floral nails!

Hello everyone!

I went to Superdrug to buy some bits and bobs and while I was there I had to take advantage of their 3 for 2 offer on all cosmetics so I bought some more nail polish (surprise surprise!). I've used all 3 in this design. I also wanted to try doing some watercolour nail art.



I painted my nails white using OPI Alpine Snow. Then for the watercolour background I used Barry M Key Lime, Mango and Pink Punch. I added the flowers using a dotting tool and Barry M Raspberry and some other random dots using Barry M Black. The centre of each flower has a gold stud which I bought from Born Pretty Store. Then I just top coated everything with Seche Vite.


This design has such a summery feel to it with all the bright colours. But I'm not sure if I've gone a bit overboard with this design and packed too many things on to my nails. Maybe having this design as an accent nail would have been a better idea?

When I looked around for tutorials on how to do the watercolour effect everyone said to use acetone to thin out the polish but I don't have any and acetone nail polish remover doesn't really work for me! However when I used non-acetone polish remover it thinned out really nicely and so that's what I used. Has anyone else found this?

Would you like a tutorial for these nails? Let me know in the comments :)

Are you a fan of watercolour nails? Let me know what you think and I'll be back soon with some more nail art!


2 comments:

  1. Well I think that looks fab! Not OTT at all, and definitely works on all nails. An accent nail would be pretty too, but this is lovely.

    ReplyDelete