Friday 23 May 2014

World Turtle Day!

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all well and if you have exams - good luck! I've got 2 exams left before I've finished University and it's been so stressful but I'm just glad they're almost over!

Anyway, today (23rd May) is World Turtle Day and Nailpolis have an event running to do some turtle themed nail art for this day so that's what I'll be showing you! The purpose of World Turtle Day is to increase our knowledge of turtles and tortoises, many of which are endangered, and to encourage humans to help them survive.

I recently bought 3 of the polishes in the Barry M Aquarium Collection and I couldn't wait to try them out so I've used all 3 in the design I'm showing you today!







I painted 3 coats of Barry M Mediterranean on my thumb, index and little finger and painted Barry M Treasure Chest on the tips. For my middle and ring finger I used Barry M Arabian, Barry M Mediterranean and Barry M Black. I used Seche Vite for the top coat. The Turtle is based on Quotesome Turtle on Instagram.

The 3 polishes from the Aquarium Collection are so gorgeous! Arabian and Mediterranean are both duochrome polishes - Arabian is green with hints of gold and Mediterranean changes between pink and orange depending on how the light hits it. Treasure Chest is a gold glitter flake top coat and comes with so many flakes in the bottle so there was no fishing around trying to get the flakes out!

Happy World Turtle Day! Let me know what you think and I'll be back soon with some more nail-related stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment