Monday 12 May 2014

Guest Post - Jenny from SmallGirlBigDreams

Hello everyone!

Eek! So I know I haven't posted in a while and that's all thanks to exams. Thankfully they'll be done by the end of this month and I'll be back to posting some more nail art. But anyways today I've got a really interesting guest post from Jenny from SmallGirlBigDreams about how she started her nail career! Over to Jenny :)



******************

For as long as I can remember, I have always loved getting my nails done. When I was younger, I didn't care much for being in with the latest fashion trends or getting my hair done all pretty - in fact, I hated shopping and I could never be bothered to do my hair nicely. But when it came to my nails, I loved having them painted and manicured.

The first time I ever had them done, I was probably about thirteen years old. I had done very well in my parents evening at school so my Mum treated me to have nail art done at our local salon - I never looked back.

How was it possible to put such beautiful, tiny designs on nails? It was incredible!

I started getting them done more regularly, and eventually moved away from the salon to a mobile technician who lived down the road to me. She could tell I was fascinated by the whole procedure, so I asked her all about it. How did she do it? What made her start? So she told me that she did a nail art course from home, gave me the details for it, and that is where my nail career began.

When I first received the nail course, I couldn't wait to get started. After about 6 months, I sent in my work for marking and within a couple of weeks I got my marks back. I was absolutely over the moon that I had passed with a 98% distinction!


It wasn't long after that, that I started making my own nail art designs. I made business cards and set up a Facebook page to start advertising my mobile service, and eventually I had a lot of interest and appointments booked.

I absolutely love it. A lot of people ask me how I have the patience to do such neat, fiddly designs, but my answer is always "because I love doing it". I have such a strong passion for nail art, and I couldn't get more enjoyment out of it even if I tried. Even when I am sad, stressed, nervous, or anxious about anything, as soon as I pick up a brush and start painting my nails, all of my worries fade away.

My blog isn't specifically about my passion for nails - It's a bit of everything and anything. I have been very busy with university lately, but now that it is almost over, I am going to dedicate some posts and a "Gallery" page on my blog to my nail art. So feel free to head over to my blog to check it out - http://smallgirlbigdreams1993.wordpress.com/

Thank you so much to Kizzy for allowing me to feature on her blog! J xx

******************

I hope you enjoyed this post! Thank you Jenny for guest posting on my blog! Jenny has an amazing blog so make sure to follow her! You can also find her on Twitter :)


No comments:

Post a Comment