Friday 4 April 2014

Watercolour Nails! #NailartMar Challenge

Hello everyone!

Today I want to show you my first ever attempt at doing watercolour nail art. I used the tutorial from beautygeeks. I'm really happy with how they turned out!






I painted 2 coats of Barry M White on all my nails. Then I painted 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. This was so that when I used the polish remover it didn't take off the white polish. I used Barry M Bright Purple, Barry M Coral and Barry M Cobalt Blue for the 'watercolour' effect. I put a few dots of polish on my nail and left it for a few seconds so it started to dry around the edges. Then I dipped a brush in nail polish remover and dabbed it over each dot to try and spread the colour. I kept adding dots of colour and dabbing with polish remover until I was happy with the result. I used Seche Vite for the topcoat.

It was tricky to spread the polish with polish remover and I didn't have pure acetone which, from other blogs I've read, seems to work better than polish remover.

To see what I've done for the rest of the #NailartMar challenge click below:

Day 1 - Dotticure
Day 4 - Ombre
Day 8+11 - Candies & Neons
Day 14 - Flakes
Day 17 - St. Patrick's Day
Day 20 - Daisies
Day 22 - Spring
Day 25 - Match OOTD

Let me know what you think and I'll be back soon with some more nail-related stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment